Rapping on TikTok Live
Yesterday afternoon on the back porch of my backyard, I had gone on TikTok and was scrolling through my feed, usually seeing the regular memes, people selling stuff, musicians, and people just relaxing, hanging out, talking to their friends. That morning, I told my mom that instead of posting my freestyles on live every other day, which was kinda getting exhausting figuring out a schedule to post them, should I just go on live and show my skills to the world for the first time? My mom said, “If you want to, just do it; don’t be scared.” So I went on the back porch with my tablet, my charger, my brother’s speaker, and my iPhone and before I went live, I was a little bit nervous, but what I did was I took some deep breaths. Then I went on YouTube and put on a couple beats and just rapped, and I pretended like the camera wasn’t there. I ended up on TikTok Live rapping for almost 2 hours, expressing myself— that I use it as an outlet whenever I have time to relax on a chill day— and I can show my creativity when I rap. I see words flowing in my head like a typewriter, and I see colors when I hear the beat when I listen to it (usually red, purple, or orange when I close my eyes and concentrate on my flow when I’m rapping or when I look up). Sometimes throughout the day, I can hear the lyrics in my head ready for me to rap them, and that’s what gets me the green light to rev up the engine and say it out loud immediately instead of it staying in my head, because when I start, I can’t stop and I would have to stop myself or it would be all day 😂😂😂. But I had a lot of fun for the first time, and I wasn’t really nervous at all; I enjoyed it a lot. I ended up seeing my brother in the comments unexpectedly, lol, and some people that were showing some love that saw it after I posted the live when I got off. Then I changed my name to Da Boss Got the Skillz because I’m smooth like that 😤.
- David Gillespie
Comments
Post a Comment