“Motivational Uses Only”

As you might have noticed or seen me doing on Facebook recently for about a month or two, I’ve been engaging in “freestyling” or rapping on my social media platforms. I’ve titled it “motivational uses only” because I’m trying to inspire people to put down their guns and contribute to a more positive and peaceful world.


The recent events that have unfolded in our city and around the globe have had a detrimental impact on our children and our community as a whole. To be honest, the music I used to create was quite negative until my mom encouraged me to change it in a positive direction. Growing up in the church, I recently recorded a church rap titled “Spend That Praise.” It’s a remix of a popular song that everyone knows on TikTok by Yung Miami. This song has garnered some positive views and I hope it reaches out to other people in the church community. My mom and my older cousin loved it, and even one of my church deacons who supports me expressed his appreciation for the positive energy and messages in my posts. He encouraged me to continue creating content.


Now, let’s talk about singing. One day, while scrolling through TikTok, I was searching for ways to develop a vibrato because I wanted to learn how to sing since the pandemic began. I was bored at the time and decided to give it a try. After trial and error, voice cracks, and even some neighbors crying, years passed. Finally, I found a quick vibrato exercise that made it easier to develop. However, I had to practice every day (and I still am). My voice sounds robotic, 😅 but I’m still learning.


I felt like I had found the solution to my singing problem and started experimenting with my own voice. Months later, I’m making videos of myself singing in my room or on TikTok to Tyrone Davis and Sidepiecekeith.🕺


Now, here comes the part where the Facebook cougars try to trap me on Facebook Dating. 😂😂😂 I’m having so much fun building my confidence and practicing my singing and rapping skills that I hope to perform on stage someday. Time will tell, but until then, I’m just being a gentle giant spreading smiles and positivity.


- David Gillespie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther