Vacation to Deep Creek Maryland

 From July 19–22, I went on vacation to Deep Creek, Maryland with Delaney and her mom and dad. This trip was a special experience because it gave me the chance to step outside of my comfort zone, try new things, and create memories with people I care about.


One of the biggest highlights of the trip was getting on the boat for the first time. As an autistic person, new experiences and unfamiliar environments can sometimes bring challenges because of changes in routine, sensory differences, and being in a new setting. However, I was able to take in the experience at my own pace and enjoy the moment.


On Monday, we all got on the boat and started riding around the lake. At first, it was something new and different for me, but I quickly found myself enjoying it. Feeling the cool breeze while riding across the water was calming and refreshing. The sound of the water, the open space, and the peaceful views of Deep Creek helped me feel relaxed and present in the moment. It reminded me that trying something new can lead to experiences I never expected to enjoy.


After riding around for a while, we put the boat in park and decided it would be a good spot to fish. Fishing gave me another opportunity to slow down and enjoy the environment around me. Being out on the water allowed me to focus on the experience rather than worrying about what was unfamiliar. It was a reminder that with support, patience, and understanding, autistic individuals can take on new adventures and make incredible memories.


This vacation showed me that being autistic does not mean I have to limit myself from experiencing new things. Sometimes stepping outside of my comfort zone can be challenging, but it can also lead to moments of growth, confidence, and joy. My first time riding on a boat at Deep Creek, Maryland is a memory I will always appreciate because it was a chance to embrace something new while being surrounded by people who support me.


- Daniel Gillespie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther