Favorite Sneakers

 When it comes to autism, comfort isn’t just a preference—it’s a need. The way shoes feel, fit, and even look can make a big difference in how we move through the day. For many of us, certain textures, tightness, or designs can either feel overwhelming or just right. At The Brown Side of Autism, we all have our go-to pairs that give us that sense of comfort and confidence.


For me, Puma has always been a favorite. Their shoes feel comfortable to wear and easy to walk in, and they have a clean look that stands out without being too much. It’s the kind of comfort that lets me focus on my day instead of my feet.


I’m also a big fan of Adidas. The three stripes have always made their shoes feel unique to me. They combine style with comfort in a way that works, especially for someone who pays attention to both how things feel and how they look.


I tend to lean toward running shoes because they’re lightweight and supportive, but I also appreciate classic styles too. At the end of the day, it’s all about finding what works for you—what feels right, looks right, and helps you move through the world comfortably.


  • Daniel Gillespie 




When it comes to my feet and shoe choices, I usually have to buy them online. Some stores don’t have my size because I’m a big and tall man. Since I was cleared from my foot surgery, I recently found some new shoes that are the most comfortable and affordable for my ankles. My favorite comfortable shoe brands are mostly Nike’s and LeBron’s, sometimes KD’s, but not often. I lean towards Nike footwear and apparel because they’re my favorite brand to wear and are comfortable for me when I’m walking around the house or going somewhere. I often joke to my brothers that they should sponsor me because that’s what I’d mostly wear all the time. That’s the merchandise I grew up with, just like Jordan’s and other brands.


At the end of the day, people like what they like and choose how to treat themselves comfortably in their own way. 


  • David Gillespie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther