Right Toe Procedure

 On March 11th


I had a post-op appointment 


A toe procedure for my hangnail 


On my right foot 


As I got the one on my left foot done


And it healed up nicely and no pain


It was time to get the next one done 


Because I wanted to get it done 


Because with these hangnails 


I have pain in them when I put my shoes on


So when we went to LECOM 


I already had know what to expect 


And I wasn’t nervous about it this time


So as I went on inside and checked in


Got on the scale


Then got my blood pressure checked 


Then went and took my right shoe


And sock and compression sock off


The resident doctor looked at it


And asked me if it’s the same spot 


As the other toe and I said yes 


So then he went ahead and got started 


And did the same procedure 


That was done to the other toe


But this time it took a while for him


To get the nail out 


As it was not as big as last time 


So he got them out piece by piece 


With the big clippers 


And it was a lot of blood this time 


Even though I’m on blood thinners 


That’s what usually happens 


I will bleed more since I’m on them


As he was getting the nails out


Another doctor came in 


And told him how to get more of the nail 


So he ended up getting a little bit more 


Then after that he put the solution on it


Then he and Dr. Colana wrapped my toe up


With some ace bandages 


And put some gauze on it


And told me to take it easy 


Around the house


Then after that 


I scheduled my next appointment 


In 2 weeks for a check up on it


And I had to change the bandage 


In 24 hours 


And take Tylenol for the pain 


I just took the bandage off today 


And it was a little moist 


So my Mom told me to leave it open


To Dry 


And now there’s no pain 


It was stinging for a couple days 


But now I’m feeling better 


- David Gillespie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther