POST-OP & HANGNAIL PROCEDURE

 On Wednesday Morning 


I recently had a post-op appt


With Dr. Colana


And been doing physical therapy 


On my left foot every week 


Which has been going really good lately 


No problems no pain lately 


I was walking around


In a orthopedic shoe with a cane 


But now I’m walking around 


in my own shoes in the house 


No pressure at the ankle bone of my foot


Which the physical therapy has been 


Helping with that as well as they have 


Been working on my balance 


And stretching my foot


And putting heat on it with a hot towel 


Also Using a machine 


Called the Biodex machine 


By standing up on the platform 


And holding both hands onto the handles


And playing a game that is installed


On the machine called the maze game


Where I have to complete the maze


By using my feet as a controller 


Also using the exercise bike for 10 minutes 


And doing some band exercises 


Called “Gas Pedals”


And they have me take one home


To use throughout the day/week


Also I recently had a procedure 


On my left toenail which I had 


A hangnail that has been 


Giving me some pain


And it was hurting and full of pus


I was nervous to tell the resident doctor 


About my problems with my toe


But my Mom encouraged me to tell her 


So I did and she was very gentle 


She numbed my toe with an needle 


So I won’t feel any pain 


And the needle kinda hurt 


Which they usually don’t but this one did


But eventually my toe had got numbed up


And it was time to extract it 


So when the doctor got the hangnail out 


It was really huge


It was big as a shark tooth


Then after she took it out 


She put some ointment in it


And wrapped it up in some ace bandages 


So it would heal up


And told me that it would be


No new hangnail growth on that side 


And I told the doctor that 


I would definitely want


The other toe done


Because I’ve always had trouble 


With these hangnails 


Because my mom has tried 


To get them with the nail clippers 


So they told me to take it easy


Around the house and that 


I’ll be seeing them in 2 weeks 


For the other toe


- David Gillespie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther