Great Lakes Popcorn Date 🍿

 Sometimes the best memories aren’t made at fancy restaurants or big events. Sometimes, they’re made over a bag of popcorn and good company.


Recently, my girlfriend and I decided to try Great Lakes Popcorn together. We wanted to turn something simple into a little date—just us, snacks, and honest reactions.


We started with queso popcorn. Now listen… I love cheese. So I was excited. It had a strong flavor, definitely bold, definitely different. At first, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. It was one of those “let me try another handful” flavors. The more I ate it, the more it grew on me. Not bad at all.


But then came Moose Crunch.


And whew… that changed everything.


Sweet. Crunchy. Chocolatey. Caramel goodness. It was one of those snacks where you take one bite and already know: Yeah, this is the one. I kept reaching for it without even thinking. My girlfriend noticed and laughed because I was clearly locked in.


What made it special wasn’t just the popcorn—it was the moment. Sitting there, talking, joking, sharing snacks, and just enjoying each other’s presence. As someone who’s autistic, moments like that mean a lot to me. Sometimes social stuff can feel overwhelming. But with her, it feels natural. Comfortable. Safe.


That’s something I don’t take for granted.


Trying Great Lakes Popcorn turned into more than a snack test. It became a memory. A reminder that love shows up in small ways—like sharing your favorite flavor and stealing a few extra handfuls.


So if you’re wondering:

Queso = solid.

Moose Crunch = champion 🏆


And the date? 10/10.


- Daniel Gillespie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther