STIMMING 🧩😬

 Sometimes when I’m around people 


In public or in the comfort of my home 


Around my family 


I have certain stems that happen 


Not because of anxiety or anything 


Like that


They usually just happen randomly 


Sometimes I’ll shake my legs 


When I’m sitting down in the chair 


Usually means super focused 


On something and I’m just trying to 


Concentrate on something 


Sometimes I’ll be in deep thought 


Sometimes thinking about something 


Or not thinking about anything at all 


Or I’ll bite the inside of my cheek 


Not to make a mark 


I just put my tongue between my teeth 


And hold it in the side of my mouth 


And then I’ll start shaking my legs 


And that’s then I’m usually 


Super focused usually on my phone 


Or my computer or just sitting somewhere 


But mostly just sitting scrolling on phone 


Not necessarily noticing I’m stemming 


Until after a few minutes I see myself 


Doing it then I stop


And sometimes I’ll crack my knuckles 


And tap my foot


Or when I get excited 


I’ll sway my arms back and forth


If I’m talking to someone 


Which that one I try to hide


Because I get embarrassed 


Sometimes when I do that


One time I did that to mom


When we were having a conversation 


And I got really excited 


about a particular topic 


And it happened 


And she wasn’t even judging me 


Or anything


She just smiled at me 


And asked me if I was excited 


And I said yes 


But inside I was a little bit embarrassed 


That I did that


But the swaying arms


Didn’t happen again


It doesn’t usually happen 


Because i try to mask it


But I’m always happy and excited 


Because I love to laugh 


But I try to stem in private 


And sometimes I talk to myself 


Just like my brother does 


It’s my sense of vulnerability 


But yeah those are my stems


That happens throughout the day


They happen every so often 


As well as being on the Spectrum 


And also having ADHD


And other disorders 


My stimming is 


-David Gillespie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther