Left Foot Surgery 🦶🏽

 Since having my foot surgery 


On my right foot 


I’m currently 6 months post op


Almost into a year 


I still do my foot exercises every morning 


To keep my foot mobile 


No more pain in the foot 


And it feels really good 


The doctor did a really good job on it


And my foot looks really good 


My hips are now aligned 


And I’m not walking from side to side 


I had did physical therapy on it


And that really helped it overall 


As well as making sure to take


Medication for the pain and discomfort 


And putting heat on it 


The surgery on the right foot 


Was a new experience for me 


Cause I wasn’t used to not being able to 


Walk around the house or do anything 


For myself and that was a big struggle 


For me but I managed it 


Along with the help of my family members 


Who were beside me along the way


Since I had got done recovering from my 


Right foot but still doing my exercises 


I was getting prepared for my next surgery 


The same surgery on my left foot 


But now that I experienced the pain


And what it was like to not be mobile 


I know now what to do 


And it came easy to me


Just like my right foot


I started with the soft cast with the walker 


Then the hard cast with the walker


And then pretty soon 


I’ll be getting x-rays on it


As well as getting the cast off


And getting a boot put on 


With a cane


Then I’ll be doing physical therapy 


And getting a orthopedic shoe


Down the road 


I can’t wait to walk again 


And that’s the only thing 


That I’m looking forward to 


-David Gillespie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther