COFFEE LIONS & TOYS 🧸

 When I woke up this morning 


I was feeling pretty good today 


I did my usual routine in the morning 


And then when I got ready 


To go downstairs to make my coffee 


And some pork chops for lunch 


My Mom was out grocery shopping 


And one day mom asked me 


What is my favorite animal in the world 


And I told her that lions are my favorite 


And at first I didn’t get the hint 


But I knew 


That it was gonna be something special 


So today I got a lion coffee mug


For my coffee 


When I make my Cafe’ Brustelo pods 


In the morning 


Which is my go to coffee 


For the morning to wake me up 


And when mom came home 


This afternoon today 


She also surprised me


With some 


Fidget magnetic silicone balls


From the TikTok shop


That has different types of colors 


And textures/patterns to feel and play with 


You could stack, separate, split, 


And flip them all at once 


And I really enjoy it 


As being on the Spectrum 


I like touching different things 


That have different textures to them 


And these magnetic balls 


Are perfect for me to play with


When I’m in my room 


And I need something to do 


To pass time


Which could also even help 


With anxiety as well 


Or if you need to focus on something 


And you need to be productive 


I’ve had fidget spinners too over the years 


And a fidget cube 


And they’ve helped me as well 


Whenever I’m feeling bored 


- David Gillespie 


When I woke up this morning, I was feeling a little better. The past couple of days, I had been doing a lot of sneezing and dealing with some bad headaches. Still, I followed my usual morning routine. I got up, got ready for work, and put on my light blue shirt, tan dress pants, and black dress shoes.


Before heading out, I grabbed a cup of coffee and a Pop-Tart for breakfast. It helped give me a little energy to start the day.


As I waited for my lift, I turned on some gospel music in my earbuds and just relaxed until it arrived. It took about 20 minutes, but the music helped me stay calm and focused.


The day before, my mom surprised me with a giraffe mug. Somehow, she remembered that giraffes are my favorite animal. 🦒 That meant so much to me. It’s a gift I’ll forever cherish, especially because every time I go to the zoo, giraffes are the animals I love watching the most.


- Daniel Gillespie 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther