Cheers to 2026!

 2025 has been a road of challenges 


I had to overcome surgeries


Maintain my mental health, as well 


As my weight which has been 


An improvement on my life 


Since I started on my journey 


I had to learn to have faith 


And trust in God in dealing with 


Blood clots during my previous surgery 


On my right foot,


Getting my tonsils removed,


My wisdom teeth taken out,


And my appendix removed 


After graduating from High School,


And now I’m recovering in a cast


Having the same surgery on my left foot 


I’m doing well honestly 


I had a lot of anxiety about it at first 


But I learned to trust the process 


And now that we’re into 2026


I can say that my faith in God


Is a lot stronger now 


As well as my relationship with God


I believe that 2026 will be the year 


Of blessings and opportunities 


And more importantly Goals 


To achieve 


I’m still working hard 


On my Fitness journey 


It’s been about a year or two 


Since I’ve started my journey 


And each day I’m getting reminded


To keep going 


2025 was my test of faith 


2026 will be my year of commitment 


  • David Gillespie


Just like David, I also had to be intentional about maintaining my weight. 2025 arrived with its own set of challenges—physically, mentally, and emotionally. There were moments of frustration, setbacks, and days where progress felt slow. But despite all of that, losing weight has been one of my biggest accomplishments of the year.


Being on Ozempic wasn’t just about the medication itself; it required discipline, patience, and learning to listen to my body in new ways. This journey forced me to confront old habits, build healthier routines, and stay committed even when motivation was low. More than the number on the scale, this experience has been about growth, self-awareness, and proving to myself that change is possible—even during difficult seasons. 2025 challenged me, but it also showed me how resilient I truly am.


As a person with autism — and even for anyone reading this who doesn’t have autism — having faith is important. But faith alone isn’t enough. There’s a saying that goes, “faith without works is dead.”

For me, faith means trusting God, but also doing my part every single day. Showing up even when it’s uncomfortable. Pushing forward even when anxiety tries to hold me back. Putting in the work on my health, my mindset, and my goals while believing God will guide the outcome.

Faith is believing God can do it.
Work is proving you’re willing to meet Him halfway.


That’s the mindset I’m carrying into 2026 — trusting God, staying committed, and continuing to do the work.


  • Daniel Gillespie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther