Delaney’s 22nd Birthday

For Delaney’s 22nd birthday, her mom and I met up with her friends to explore the Strip District in Pittsburgh. Alivia, her mom Monica, and Cam joined us as well, and we spent the day checking out different stores around the area.

Our first stop was the fish market—walking in, you’re hit with all the strong aromas of the seafood. As someone with autism, I tend to enjoy sightseeing more than shopping, (unless it’s online) and this was a perfect example. My favorite store was the Pittsburgh Steelers store since I’ve always been a fan, but I didn’t buy anything—I just loved exploring.

Lunch was at Deluca’s Diner, which I hadn’t been to before. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with cheddar cheese and crispy bacon, plus fries. The food was excellent! I could only eat half the sandwich but made sure to finish all the fries.

To end the night, we all went to a bar called Deanos. Normally, I’d just buy drinks and head home, but this gave me a chance to step out of my comfort zone, connect with her friends, and help make her birthday special. That’s what mattered most to me.

It was a fun day, full of memories I’ll cherish—and I hope Delaney had a wonderful 22nd birthday too! 🧩❤️🎉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther