David’s Thanksgiving

 Every year for Thanksgiving 


My Family and I go out 


To our Grandma’s house 


To celebrate and spend time 


With one another 


This weekend was cold


It was 32 degrees freezing 


Seems like winter 


Came early this year I guess


I don’t really like the cold weather 



I’m ready for the summer again 


Anyways we headed down the road 


Now we’re at her house 


We all had said hello to her 


And said hello to my Cousins


We asked her if she needed 


Help with anything in the kitchen 


And that we were here to help her 


As dinner is getting prepared 


And ready 


We all went down 


To the basement 


In the meantime 


Some of our family members 


Came in for Thanksgiving 


As well 


As everything is getting set up 


My Cousin played Amazing Grace


On the piano and then


It was time for prayer 


We all stood up in a circle 


Holding hands


And singed Amazing Grace together 


Then my Uncle came 


And gave a prayer 


We bowed our heads and prayed 


Then after we prayed it was time to eat


The kids were served first 


Then it was the oldest 


Then the adults 


The food was really good as always 


I was side eyeing at the Mac and Cheese 


The whole time during Amazing Grace 


But to be honest I really enjoyed 


Being with my family 


And spending time together 


I had a good time 


And I wouldn’t take it for granted 


Holidays like these are 


The special type of holidays that 


You could cherish and enjoy forever 


The memories that you make 


Will live on forever even if they are 


Temporary 


Even if they are not here physically 


They are still here spiritually 


With you everywhere you go 


That’s why thanksgiving 


Is a special holiday for me 


Because you have to appreciate 


And be thankful for the parents you have 🍁


-David Gillespie 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther