Christmas Day 🎄🎅
On December 25th, I spent Christmas with my girlfriend’s family, and it was such a fun and meaningful experience. That morning, we opened presents, hung out, and enjoyed each other’s company. The atmosphere was relaxed, which made it easy for me to be present and truly enjoy the moment.
As someone on the autism spectrum, holidays can sometimes feel overwhelming because of the noise, socializing, and changes in routine. But this Christmas felt different. I felt comfortable, welcomed, and supported, which made a huge difference. Being in an environment where I didn’t feel pressured allowed me to fully enjoy the day.
Later that evening, around 5 p.m., we went to Emee’s house—my girlfriend’s grandma—where her uncles and cousins joined us. The house was full of conversation, laughter, and family energy, but it felt warm rather than overwhelming.
We all sat down for dinner and enjoyed rice, shrimp, and a variety of seafood dishes. Sharing a meal together, talking, and laughing made the night even more special.
Overall, this Christmas reminded me how important feeling understood and accepted is—especially as an autistic person. It was a day filled with family, good food, and genuine connection, and it’s one I’ll always appreciate. Christmas experience—one filled with family, good food, laughter, and gratitude. It’s a day I’ll always remember and truly appreciate.
Comments
Post a Comment