Cheeseburger Mac and White Sweet Potato Dinner

 Tonight’s dinner was simple but satisfying. My brother Dave and I sat down to cheeseburger mac paired with a white sweet potato. If you’re used to the classic orange sweet potato, the white variety might surprise you. It’s much less sweet, with a mild, starchy flavor that’s closer to a regular potato.


I’ll admit, I wasn’t a fan of white sweet potatoes at first. The flavor and texture were different from what I’m used to, and as someone who’s autistic, those differences matter more than people often realize. Familiar tastes and textures feel safer, and new ones can be hit or miss. While the white sweet potato worked well alongside the cheeseburger mac, it didn’t completely win me over. I’m glad I tried it, but it’s probably not something I’ll reach for again anytime soon.


-Daniel Gillespie 



David’s Thoughts ðŸ’­ 


Tonight’s Dinner with my brother 


Was simple but delicious 


And easy to prepare 


Me and my my brother Daniel


Sat down and ate Cheeseburger Mac


Together with a side of 


White Sweet Potatoes 


My mom had found them 


In the grocery store today 


For a good price of 5 Dollars 


And she wanted us to see if we liked it 


I think it was really good 


It’s less sweet than a regular sweet potato 


But it’s more textured and has 


The consistency of a coconut


Usually different from what I’m used 


To eating as someone who’s Autistic 


My brother on the other hand 


I think he liked it but he said he probably 


Wouldn’t try it again 


They are packed with Fiber, Vitamin A, & C


And Potassium 


Making them healthy and fulfilling 


It was the perfect combination with the


Cheeseburger Mac that also had


Some cut up sausage in the dish 


Sunday’s dinner was really good 


And I enjoyed it very much 


While also enjoying a new food


That I’ve been introduced this evening 


Was very exciting to me 


Comfort foods always wins ❤️


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther