Autism Society Halloween Event 🎃🧩

 Autism Society Halloween Event 🎃🧩


Daniel’s Insight


David and I rode the lift to the Autism Society event on Saturday, October 11th. When we first arrived, I realized we had been standing at the wrong door the whole time! The event was Halloween-themed, and right away, I noticed how festive and welcoming it felt. They even had a coffee machine — and trust me, we both needed a little caffeine in our system before the fun started.

As we headed downstairs, the music started playing because karaoke was about to begin. David looked at me and said, “I hope they start playing MJ,” and I said, “Me too! I know all the songs.” Then I started imitating Michael Jackson’s dance moves, and David — along with another person nearby — burst out laughing.

It was a costume edition, so people were dressed up, and there was a good mix of music and laughter. For lunch, we had chicken tenders and fries, and the staff also provided cookies, cupcakes, pretzels, and cheese — basically all the good stuff.

There were lots of activities to choose from — karaoke, board games, and ping-pong. David and I started off playing ping-pong, then switched to a game of UNO. What made it extra fun was that the UNO cards were huge — I’d only ever seen the smaller ones before!

Later, we did karaoke and sang Ghostbusters. We were both really into it, and at the end, I shouted, “Ghostbusters, yeah!” It was one of those moments where you just forget about everything else and have fun being yourself.

Autism plays a big part in experiences like this for me. Sometimes big crowds, noise, or new environments can feel overwhelming. But being around people who understand and create a space where everyone can just be themselves makes all the difference. The event wasn’t just fun — it was a reminder that inclusion and joy go hand in hand.

When it was time to go, the lift was already waiting outside. As we left, I couldn’t help but think how good it felt to be part of something where being autistic wasn’t seen as a barrier — just another part of what makes me, me.





David’s Insights:


On Saturday Morning Danny and I 


Took the lift to the Autism Group 


At around 10:30


When we got there we were a little bit


Early so we sat down on the steps 


Then a Adult came out of his car 


And asked us if we were here for


Legoland or the Adult Group 


We told him we were here for 


The Adult Group 


We then realized we were at the wrong door 


And he showed us to the right one 


Where the adults were at 


So we hanged out with the adults 


For a little bit until our group came in 


So we had some coffee 


And we talked to each other for a little bit 


Until 11:00 when the party officially starts 


Then after that it was party time 


We were greeted by staff downstairs 


In the basement 


And other people who were on the spectrum


We all had Lunch together


We had Chicken Tenders 


French Fries 


And Desserts


Such as Cookies, Cupcakes


Brownies, Cheese & Crackers 


And Pretzels


We had a Halloween Party this time


Some were wearing costumes 


And some brought Desserts 


Some played a game of 


Halloween Charades 


And some had did Karaoke 


Me and Danny played Ping Pong 


Together for a little bit


And then 


We played some Uno together 


With other friends 


And with a individual 


Who was a staff member of the social group 


We had played a good game 


Even though me and Danny didn’t win


In the second game 


We had fun together 


And that was the best part of it 


I’ve never seen Uno cards


That were bigger than the original ones 


So that was different to me 


Then after that 


Me and Danny were doing Karaoke together 


We requested the song GhostBusters


We singed we laughed we didn’t know 


The other half of the lyrics 


We laughed more than we singed the song 


But we had fun doing it together 


Then after the song was over 


My brother added extra words at the end 


He said “Ghostbusters Yeah!”


Then we started laughing more


Then it was time to go


The lift was about to pick us up


Then we told everyone bye


That was probably the most fun 


I had in a social group 


While interacting with people 


Who are just like me 


It made me feel special 


Like I was allowed to be myself 


And to let my personality show 


And to be more open 


It made me feel included 


Like I belonged here 


When me and Danny 


We’re up there doing Karaoke 


It felt like it was just me and him 


All over again 


Just like we were in that playroom


Just the two of us in our own world 


Building our own adventures together 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther