I Graduated from Occupational Therapy – July 21st Was My Day!

July 21st, 2025—a day I’ll never forget. After months of hard work, I officially graduated from occupational therapy at Niagara Therapy. This journey wasn’t just about appointments or exercises—it was about getting my strength back, rebuilding confidence, and learning how to push through, even when life felt heavy.

When I first started OT, I felt unsure. I was tired—physically, mentally, and emotionally—and I didn’t know what to expect. But I kept showing up. I committed to the process, even on the days when progress felt slow. And slowly but surely, things began to shift.

The team at Niagara saw my potential even when I couldn’t see it myself. They pushed me, supported me, and reminded me that every small step mattered. They worked on my reaction time using a metronome. They challenged me with the dino board—the one where I had to press the letters, remember the first location of the first letter, and hit it directly in the middle. It wasn't easy, but it made me stronger—not just physically, but mentally too.

Graduating on July 21st wasn’t just a milestone. It was a moment of pride—proof that I kept going when it would’ve been easier to quit. I won't lie; there are days when I feel like I should've had my license. Like I'm behind. Like the world kept moving, like I'm just trying to catch up. And yet after all that, I still have to retake my permit knowledge test because it expired, but then I remembered my path is different from everyone else's. I've had to fight battles most people never see—medical setbacks, therapy sessions, mental hurdles, and the daily challenge of just putting one foot in front of the other. 

And when I do get that license, it won't just be about driving. It'll stand for freedom, healing, and everything I had to overcome to get there. 

So here’s to growth. To perseverance. To showing up. July 21st was my day. And this is just the beginning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Brown Side Of Autism

Autism Group Millcreek Karate

Bowling Party for Luther